The recently released iOS 14 has purchased a lot of goodies for iPhone users. Most notable are the introduction of the app library, the ability to add home screen widgets, the new Siri interface, other privacy, security and camera enhancements. These features managed to get all the attention, but there were some other features that were slightly under the radar. One of them was the ability to hide the app or all home screen pages on the iPhone device.
If you want to clear the home screen, or if you want to hide some apps from prying eyes, this feature is definitely useful. So far, all you can do to hide these apps is to put them inside a folder. It didn’t turn out to be a viable option for many. In this regard, the latest iOS 14 features prove to be a very effective solution. This guide will show you how to hide apps and home screen pages on your iPhone.
To begin with, we will first list out the steps to hide the apps, followed by the entire home screen pages. For both of them, the only prerequisite is that your device needs to be running the latest iOS14 on your device. With that said, here are the required instructions for both.
Hiding Apps on your iPhone
- In order to hide apps on your iPhone, we would be making use of the new App Library feature.
- For that, long-press on the desired app of your choice. This will bring in the context menu, select the Remove App option from the list.
- In the confirmation dialog box that appears, select the Move to App Library option.
- If you have selected any of the system apps, the above option will be modified as Remove from Home Screen.
- Once you have made the selection, the desired app will be hidden.
- To access it, simply head over to the last home screen page and do a left swipe. This will bring up the App Library page.
- From there, head over to the desired app category and access the app you had hidden earlier.
- Apart from that, you could also make use of the Search bar to find hidden apps. Simply swipe down from any of your home screens and it will bring about the search functionality.
- Furthermore, from now on, you could also let all the new apps get directly added to the App Library, bypassing the home screen. For that, go to Settings > Home Screen and tap on the App Library the Only option.
- To revert this, select the Add to Home screen option or drag your apps outside from the app library, and that’s it.
This concludes our guide on how to hide the app on your iPhone device. Next, let’s pay attention to hiding the page on the home screen.
Buy Apple Products on huge discount
Hiding Home Screen Pages
You can also hide all home screen pages on your iPhone device, not just individual apps. The only thing you need to remember is that you must have at least one homescreen page. This has something to do with the obvious reason and no such explanation is needed. With that in mind, here are the steps to hide the home screen page:
- Head over to your home screen and long-press on an empty region on the screen. This should make all your apps fidget.
- Then at the bottom, you will horizontal row of dots, indicating the number of home screens.
- Now just untick the home screen page or pages that you need to hide. Once that is done, hit the Done button situated at the top right and that’s it.
- To access any of the apps from the hidden home screens, you could make use of the App Library or the Search toolbar.
- On the other hand, to bring back the hidden pages, head over to the Edit Page and then tick mark the pages that you need to unhide.
This is all of this guide on how to hide the app or all home screen pages on your iPhone device. As mentioned above, these steps are only valid for devices running the latest version of iOS 14. For iPhone devices with older operating systems, the screen time feature is available. This feature is available on all iPhones running iOS 12, iOS 13, and iOS 14.
On the other hand, the number of apps that can be hidden is limited. To access, go to Settings & gt; Screen Time & gt; Content and Privacy Restrictions & gt; Allowed apps. That said, the guide is over. If you have any problems, please let us know in the comments section below.