The OnePlus 8T has received its second software update since its launch. The company currently deploys OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 in all three regions (US, EU, and India). If you haven’t received the update yet, it should be available next week or so.
The 126.96.36.199 update is primarily intended to fix some of the issues reported in previous versions. It optimizes system power consumption and reduces heat generation. Also, it seems that there was a problem that the icon was not displayed correctly on the modified home screen. The Bluetooth and Gallery apps also have some fixes, and finally, the intelligent 5G features have been optimized to extend battery life.
- Optimized system power consumption and reduce heat generation
- Fixed the issue that icons are not displayed on the desktop in a small probability
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Optimized Bluetooth connection to reduce latency
- Improved connection stability
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with loading preview photo
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
In our experience, we have never actually encountered the above issue and cannot report whether it has been fixed. However, there are some other issues, most of which are related to the display and are definitely not fixed. The color temperature changes randomly depending on the brightness of the display and which app you are using, the Vibrant Color Effect setting does nothing at all, and the black uniformity is poor when displaying a completely black screen. Also, in 2x camera mode, mysteriously desaturated, high-contrast images continue to be generated even after they are captured. This looks worse than the viewfinder.
The world today remains the same, and companies aren’t too complaining about not being able to solve problems in a timely manner. At the same time, we brought most of these issues to OnePlus before the phone went on sale, so we hope that even some of the issues mentioned have been addressed so far.