This year, Apple is offering potential buyers more options than ever before. I’ve already reviewed the iPhone 12, but now it’s time for the 12 Pro. In addition to having double storage, a stainless steel frame, and a different color than the 12, the 12Pro upgrade is primarily camera related. Equipped with a suitable telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, AR application and LiDAR scanner for low light focus, you can take portrait photos in night mode. This isn’t the longest list of upgrades we’ve seen, so it’s hard to choose between these two iPhones.
The list of new features is long, at least compared to the iPhone 11 Pro. It has a faster processor, 5G connectivity, a larger screen with better scattering resistance, UW camera night mode, Dolby Vision video recording, MagSafe support, and the new LiDAR.
But most importantly, there’s also a new design that Apple has introduced in the 12th series, which instantly reduces the look of all previous iPhones.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Specifications:
- body: Glossy stainless steel frame, oleophobic coated ceramic shield front, frosted glass back, waterproof and dustproof IP68 certified. Silver, graphite, gold and Pacific blue color options. 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm, 189 g
- display: 6.1 “Retina XDR OLED screen, resolution 1170 x 2532 px, 460ppi, 600 nit, 120Hz touch sensing. HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide color gamut. True tone.
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic Chip (5nm)-Hexa Core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm with 3.1GHz Turboboost) Apple CPU, 4 Core Apple GPU, 16 Core Apple NPU 4-gen
- Memory: 6GB RAM; 128/256 / 512GB internal storage
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP camera: 26mm main wide angle, f / 1.6, OIS, dual pixel AF; 13mm ultra wide angle, f / 2.4, 120 degree field of view; 52mm telephoto, f / 2.0, OIS, 2x optical zoom; dual LED with slow synchronization flash. Night mode, smart HDR 3, deep fusion.
- Video recording: 2160p @ 60 / 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120 / 240fps video recording, wider dynamic range and spatial sound, OIS + EIS, Dolby Vision
- Front camera: Dual Camera-23mm 12MP f / 2.2 Front Camera, HDR Mode + 3DTOF Camera; Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion. 2160p @ 60 / 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps video recording, wider dynamic range and spatial sound, EIS.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G; Wi-Fi a / b / g / n / ac / 6; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC; Apple U1 chip ultra-wideband
- battery: 2,815 mAh battery, 20W fast charging, 15 Qi wireless charging (MagSafe)
- Others: Face ID via dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine
I couldn’t wait to see this new design iPhone, but I can’t say Apple has checked it off. all Wish list points. The iPhone 12 Pro was supposed to premiere on the new 120Hz ProMotion display, but unfortunately it didn’t happen. Rumor has it that for some reason Apple had to choose between 5G and HRR OLED (I think it’s battery life). Well, we all know how it went down-without our career support-Apple’s homepage now proudly has a huge 5G logo. It’s undeniable that the iPhone UI looks fast and fluid, but seeing off high refresh rate screens for another year is a serious omission of our book.
Also, Apple’s suspicious decision to keep camera hardware upgrades to the iPhone 12 Pro Max only further deprives the 12 Pro of its appeal. Not everyone wants a big phone. Apple has made it impossible to get a new 12MP sensor with larger pixels and sensor shift stabilization without using 12 Pro Max. In our opinion, the iPhone 12 Pro deserved to have the same level of camera hardware, rather than relying on last year’s camera technology.
Unpacking Apple iPhone 12 Pro
Finally, in one of the industry’s most controversial moves, Apple has announced that it no longer bundles chargers and headphones with this phone, which costs more than $ 1,000.
This year, the iPhone 12 Pro is in one of the slimmest smartphone boxes ever opened. Inside, there’s only the phone itself and a USB-C / Lightning cable. There are no chargers or headphones here. Apple expects you to already have these or, better yet, buy them separately.
Inside the box is also a small sleeve with a SIM eject PIN and an Apple logo sticker. Apple should have saved the hassle of including them-after all, do we all already have them? Come to think of it, no one needs a box. Just ship the iPhone 13 in bubble wrap.
Well, we’re a little salty, but so is the price of the iPhone 12 Pro. On the next page, let’s see what is offered to the hard earned money.