Xiaomi has confirmed that some of the existing Mi TVs will get a new software update this year, which will bring Android TV 9.0 as well as the Netflix and Amazon Prime Video APP on board.
The update will be rolled out for the Mi TV 4A / 4A Pro / 4C / 4 Pro for the time being.
Netflix not working on my MITV ? this was question from one of our reader
Don’t Worry we are here to solve your problems:
Solution 1: Download Netflix from Google Play on Xiaomi Mi TV
- Turn on your Xiaomi Mi TV.
- Open Google Play.
- Type Netflix in the search bar.
- Click install in the prompt box.
- After Netflix has installed, click the Open button.
If Netflix app is not visible for you in Google Play Store, or the Play Store says “The APP isn’t compatible with your device”. Then try the second method.
Solution 2: Install Netflix by USB flash driver on Xiaomi Mi TV
- Down load the Netflix APK on your tablet or computer.
- Transfer the APK file to your USB flash driver.
- Then go to “Settings”.
- Enter Security and limitations.
- Activate Unknown sources.
- Once the above process completed, connect the flash driver to your Xiaomi Mi TV.
Note: Before your install the Netflix APP, make sure you delete the older version of the Netflix APP if you have installed.
- After you plug your flash driver, you will see a prompt box and click “Open”. If this dosen’t pop up, you can come to “Moere” and go to “Media Play”.
- In the “Media Play”, you will see the Netflix file your just download.
- Open the Netflix APK file and click install button.
- Now the Nerflix is installed successfully.
How to watch Netflix on Xiaomi Mi TV？
If you haven’t installed the Netflix in your Xiaomi smart TV, you can still watch Netflix. How to do? Try this!
Please make sure you satisfy all the prerequisites mentioned below. This will ensure you watch Netflix on MI TV smoothly.
- You have an Android mobile phone or tab with you.
- Make sure Power Saving Mode is turned OFF on your Android device.
- Microphone permission is enabled in Google Play Services.
- Make sure your Android device and MI TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
If all these four points are checked, then you can easily proceed to implement the steps to watch Netflix on MI TV. These steps are given below.
- Download and install Google Home on your Android device.
- Once Google Home is installed, open the app and go through the initial setup wizard by providing location access and all these stuff.
- Now at the bottom right, go to Accounts section.
- Tap on Mirror Device option.
- Now, tap on CAST SCREEN/AUDIO button and select your MI TV.
- Open Netflix on your Android device.
- Now you can watch Netflix on Mi TV.