Television is the first means of entertainment for us and you. This is where we and you are introduced to DTH services. India mainly uses the DTH services of Airtel Digital TV (Airtel DTH), Dish TV (Dish TV), and Tata Sky. You must have noticed that these days on television, advertisements of different packs of every channel keep coming. This is happening because the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has prepared a new framework in which customers are given the freedom to choose the channels of their choice. In view of this, the major DTH operators in India have announced the price of new channel packs.
TV viewers have to choose their channels of choice by 1 February 2019. Under the new framework, viewers will now pay only for the channels they want to watch. Now the question in your mind will be how to choose the channel. We will tell you about it. In this article, we will tell you about choosing channels on Airtel DTH service.
Selection of Airtel DTH pack is possible through Airtel’s website and MyAirtel app …
Select channels of your choice on Airtel’s website
1. First of all, log in with your ID on Airtel’s website. If you do not have an Airtel ID then register yourself.
2. On logging in the Overview section you will see all the products of Airtel whose services you are taking advantage of.
3. Now click on your DTH ID. After this, your Airtel DTH account page will open. Here you will see options for Recharge, Transactions, and Connections.
4. Now select the option with connections. By clicking here, you will get the message of Attention Required in a red banner. It has written the talk of the TRAI framework. Now click on the button Upgrdae Now.
5. After doing this, a new page will appear. First of all, you will get a suggestion for a new plan based on your existing plan towards Airtel. If you want, you can choose this plan. There is also a channel list here. By clicking on it, you can know which channels you are going to get in that plan. If the plan fits your budget and preference, click on Get It. After this, you will go to the confirmation page. This is where your pack will change.
6. The above process is based on the suggestion given by Airtel. You can choose the channels of your choice one by one from Broadcaster Bouquet and Ala-Carte.
7. At Broadcaster Bouquet you can choose a package of multiple channels from a single company. For example, DISCOVERY Bouquet 1 Family pack and techweu North Info. The details of how many channels are available in these packs are available on the page itself. If you want, you can also know the names of all channels by clicking on the channel list.
8. After selecting the pack from the broadcaster Booke you have to click on Continue. After this, the option of Ala-Carte comes on its own. This has been done because there may not be some channels of your choice in Broadcaster Bouquet. In this case, you can choose one channel individually.
9. When you feel that you have chosen all the channels of choice. Then click on the Continue button again. Please tell that in this button the total number of channels you have selected will also be visible.
10. The next page will contain all the details of the Broadcaster Bouquet Pack you have selected and all the channels selected from the Ala-Carte Channel. It is here that Airtel charges you a minimum amount of Rs 153 for its DTH service.
11. As soon as you press the confirm button on the next page. Your new package will be ready which will become active from 1 February 2019. Let us tell you that in the amount of Rs 153 you will be given 25 channels of Doordarshan without any additional amount.
Select Airtel DTH channels from My Airtel App
1. Install the MyAirtel app on your smartphone. Use the mobile number you have given for this Airtel DTH service on this app. If you have an ID, please log in. New users can register themselves.
2. In the My Accounts section on the home page of the My Airtel app, you will see your DTH ID. Tap on it
3. After this, the page of Airtel DTH ID will come. Here you will see many options. Now tap on My Account. On this page, you will also see the option of Connections. Now select it.
4. By clicking here, you will get the message of Attention Required in a red banner. It has written the talk of the TRAI framework. Now click on the button Upgrade Now.
5. After this, you will get the Change Current Plan page. Now you follow the same procedure as the website. Here too, your plan has been suggested by Airtel. There is also a choice of Broadcaster Bouquet and Ala-Carte. We would suggest you to follow the instructions given above. In this way the DTH pack of your choice will be activated.
Now the question in your mind is, is it necessary to do this? The answer is yes. We spoke to the customer service officer of Airtel DTH in this regard. We were informed that the existing plan will be active only till 31 January 2019. The new plans will become active from 1 February 2019. If you do not choose a plan, you will be contacted by the Customer Service Officer to choose the plan from Airtel.
If you do not choose a channel this time, there will be an option to make it a part of your pack in the future. Apart from this, to use Airtel DTH, you have to pay at least Rs 153. In it, you will get 25 channels of Doordarshan free.
Hopefully, by following the instructions given above, you will be able to choose the channels of your choice on Airtel DTH.