Would you like to keep your Telegram, WhatsApp and Signal chats safe and secure? Maybe you don’t need anybody nosing about on your Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal messages in the event that you let somebody momentarily utilize or borrow your iPhone? In the event that this is something that you’re worried about, you might be interested in locking the application with a password and thusly, use Face ID or Touch ID to open your chats relying upon your gadget.
As we probably are aware Telegram, WhatsApp and Signal Applications are quite possibly the most-well known privacy-focused messaging applications on the App Store with more than 500 million clients across all stages. In spite of the fact that your messages are starting to finish encoded and can’t be captured by anyone by any means, nothing’s preventing your companion or relative from just opening the application on your opened iPhone and rapidly looking through the entirety of your discussions on the off chance that they got your gadget. This could happen when you loan somebody your telephone for settling on a telephone decision, watching a video, perusing the web, or whatever else truly.
Fortunately these popular messaging apps offer a password lock feature that locks the application after a set time as an additional security measure. On the off chance that you utilize these applications on your iPhone, at that point you may be interested on this protection feature.
How To Lock Your Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal Using Face ID on iPhone?
This feature has been around for some time, so you don’t need to be on the most recent version of the application to exploit it. We should simply investigate what you need to do.
Lock/Unlock Telegram Using Face ID on iPhone:
- Releasing the Telegram application will take you to the Chats section by default. Here, tap on the “Settings” alternative from the bottom menu.
- In the settings menu, tap on “Privacy and Security” showing just underneath the notification settings as demonstrated in the Screen Capture beneath.
- Then, select the “Password and Face ID” setting under Blocked Users to continue further.
- Presently, tap on “Turn Passcode On” to start setting up a password.
- Then, type in your ideal password and verify it.
- Whenever you’re done, you’ll be taken to the Passcode Lock menu where you’ll have the option to go on Face ID. Essentially tap once on the toggle next to “Unlock with Face ID”. Likewise, select the “Auto-Lock” setting and change it to any span that you like.
There you have completely done it. You can now unlock Telegram with Face ID on your iPhone.
Lock/Unlock WhatsApp Using Face ID on iPhone:
- Simply Go to ‘WhatsApp settings’.
- Then, click on the ‘account’ option
- Select ‘Privacy’ and tap ‘screen lock’.
- Now, turn on ‘require touch ID or require face ID’.
- Then, select the duration of time WhatsApp can be on standby mode before touch ID or face ID is asked.
Lock/Unlock Signal App Using Face ID on iPhone:
- First of all you need to Open the Signal app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on your profile icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on Privacy.
- And finally, turn on the switch right next to Screen Lock.
That is basically it! Presently, you will be approached to authenticate using Face ID whenever you open Signal on your iPhone.
Note: In case touch or face ID is unable to unlock WhatsApp, then you can enter your iPhone passcode.