This tutorial will show you how to fix an issue where chat bubbles are not working on Android 11 devices. With the latest version of Android, many new merchandise have been purchased. The new one-time permission set, native screen recorder, improved power menu, and dark mode scheduling are just a few of the notable ones. However, it is the chat bubble feature that continues to be in the limelight. For strangers, enabling this feature turns conversations from specific senders into chat bubbles.
It acts as an overlay and can be placed on top of any app. To start a conversation, simply tap the bubble and it will be in the expanded state. If this rings one or two bells, it’s the same feature that Facebook Senger has had for many years. However, not everything works with this feature, and many users have reported issues with this feature. If you’re on the same page, here are the steps to fix an issue where chat bubbles don’t work on Android 11 devices.
How to Fix Android 11 Chat Bubbles Not Working Issue
There are numerous complaints about this issue on various online forums, including Reddit and Google Support. As for the latter, the issue has already been endorsed by over 1800 users and is classified as a “trend issue”. Fortunately, there are some pretty nifty workarounds that are known to fix this issue. We have shared all the ways we can help fix the chat bubble in Android 11 not working.
Fix 1: Check App Compatibility
This feature is not available to all app developers. So, until you plan to integrate this API into your app, you won’t be able to tweak it on your own to make it work. Fortunately, developers are really quick in this regard. We’ve already seen popular apps like WhatsApp and Telegram take advantage of this feature and other suites below.
In addition, some developers may first add this feature to their beta build before releasing it to more users. So you can download the beta version of the app and see if it resolves the issue. However, if you’ve already added this feature and you’re still having problems with chat bubbles not working on your Android 11 device, try a few other tweaks.
Fix 2: Restart the Device
Most Android issues can usually be addressed by simply rebooting. Therefore, reboot your device once to see if the issue is fixed before proceeding to a slightly more advanced fix. If your answer is in a negative tone, don’t worry, there are several other ways worth trying.
Fix 3: Enable the Bubbles Notifications Feature
Obviously, you need to enable this feature in the first place. Here’s how to check the same:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications> Notifications.
- Go to Bubbles and enable the Allow apps to see bubbles option
Next, check to see if the chat bubble doesn’t work on Android 11 devices has been fixed.
Fix 4: Enable Chat Bubbles for Every Conversation
Chat bubbles have quite a few customization options. One is the ability to keep it enabled only for selected conversations. Similarly, you can disable it completely for a particular app. In that case, it’s a good idea to double-check that you haven’t enabled any of these features.
- Go to the device’s Settings page.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap Show all apps and select the apps that are displayed. problem.
- Go to notification & gt; Bubble section.
- Finally, make sure you have selected the All conversations can bubble option.
Then see if you could fix the chat bubble not working on your Android 11 device.
Fix 5: Switch to Default Stock Launcher
In some cases, the custom launcher may conflict with this feature, so the latter may not work in the proper environment. Therefore, you need to switch from the third-party launcher to the default launcher that came with your device. box.
- To do this, go to Settings on your Android device.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications and select Default apps.
- Under Home App, select the default app. Launcher.
When you’re done, restart your device and see if the chat bubble doesn’t work on Android 11 has been fixed.
Fix 6: Delete App’s Cache and Data
Some issues can occur if your app’s data is corrupted or if a large amount of temporary data accumulates over time. Therefore, it is recommended to clear the data and cache of the related app. Here’s what you need to do to do the same:
- Go to device settings.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications and tap App Info.
- Select the relevant app from the list and tap. With storage and cache.
- Finally, tap Clear Storage (or Clear Data on some devices).
When you’re done, restart your device to see if it fixes an issue where chat bubbles don’t work on your Android 11 device.
Fix 7: Reset Device
If none of the above methods produce the desired results, take the nuclear route of resetting the device. The entire process is time consuming and you also need to set up your device from scratch. So if you are one of the users who need a chat bubble, just continue with this method.
- First, perform a full device backup .. .. After this, go to Settings> System.
- Go to Reset Options and tap Erase All Data (Reset to Factory Settings).
- Tap the Erase All Data button at the bottom and click Confirm.
- If desired, you can disable the Erase Internal Storage toggle.
- After the reset is complete, set up the device to fix the problem.
This concludes the guide on how to fix the chat bubble not working on Android 11. We shared 7 different fixes for the same thing. Let us know in the comments which one was successful. Case.